Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Magic Post-It Notes that keep you from going insane

As a production artist, I was in front of a computer for hours doing work on Illustrator and InDesign. Which wouldn't be so bad if you were doing something more than boring, mechanical production work. One of the few things that kept me from falling asleep at work was drawing on post it notes. Usually what I would do is just take whatever was lying around on my desk and deconstruct it. After seeing slick logotypes and strict grid structures on the computer all day, the best remedy for me was not only doing hand drawing, but also the deconstruction. These post-its experiments were crucial for me because they led me to starting the work on my sketchbooks. These two are my favorite in particular: cigarette boxes.

Parliament:












Marlboro:

No comments: