Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What the hell is a milkfish?

What's going on, humans? Now you're asking yourself: what the hell is a milkfish? According to google, a milkfish (chanos chanos) is an important food fish in Southeast Asia and is the sole living species in the family Chanidae. In tagalog, it is known as bangus and is a common food to pinoys. Now you're asking yourself: why the hell do I need to know that? You don't. I'm just trying to fill up your time with factoids.

Anyway, I'm gonna be using this blog to post the stuff that's in my sketchbook. I'm obsessed with letterforms of al kinds and I like to draw them to no end. Train signage, advertisements, street signs, newspaper headlines, magazine mastheads, storefronts, graffiti, etc. So here's a sampling. The fish is composed of the words milk and fish in different languages. That is, if you can read them.


No comments: